The Index is a brand & retail tracker designed to give crucial un-biased insights into the psyche of today’s consumer, allowing brands and retailers an invaluable resource to help shape and qualify their strategic efforts.
This unique report will be published in two parts each month. Part 1 tracks The Sectors, The Formats, The Channels and The Behaviours while Part 2 tracks The Brands and consumer sentiment via our exclusive “Buzz Scores”.
These top 100 UK brands are judged on unbiased consumer data, which provides insight into which are the most shopped and which are held in the highest regard by consumers. This is an industry first platform that will build a bridge between the brands and the consumers, allowing the user an insight into how brands are seen by those who matter most – the customer.
Brands featured include: Matchesfashion.com, COS, Marks & Spencer, Boohoo, Amazon Fashion, Primark, Selfridges, Jigsaw, ASOS, Gap, Quiz, Matalan, Nike, Mr Porter & Net-a-Porter, Flannels, Farfetch and Harrods to name a few.
Why use The Index?
- Featuring 100 brands and retailers from pure-play ecommerce to value fashion and luxury leaders
- 2,000 consumers surveyed monthly across all regions, age groups and socio-economic backgrounds
- Find out which stores and websites consumers are shopping in and visiting
- Discover preferred retail formats, locations and sectors
- Track the shift towards ecommerce and mobile purchasing
- Understand the key drivers to spend
- Check out each brand’s ‘Buzz Score’ as determined by consumer sentiment
- Benchmark your performance against other retailers and brands in the market
The Index in detail:
- TheIndustry.fashion has partnered with leading research specialist Savanta, the global research agency.
- A monthly controlled study of key demographic groups to enable the tracking of behaviours and preferences across age groups, regions and income levels.
- Over time, The Index will show shifts in brand performance and perception
- This will also show which sectors and retail formats are moving in and out of favour.
- The Index will also reveal which channels the consumer favours at any one point in time, be that physical store, purchase via a mobile app and show how the behaviours and preferences differ across demographic groups.
Which brand has the most buzz?
- Customers will be quizzed on which brands they have heard positive or negative messages from in any given month.
- Based on their responses, an algorithm will apply a unique buzz score to each brand and over time, movement will be tracked.
- Each month, we will place Buzz Score movements into market context.