Moncler Group revenues soar in H1 results
Moncler Group has released its financial results for the first half of 2022, revealing a 46% increase in revenue to £769 million (€918.4 million).
For H1 2022, Moncler Group shared the following results:
- Moncler revenue rose 27% to £606 million (€724.3 million).
- Moncler revenue in EMEA increased 42% to £221 million (€264 million).
- Stone Island revenue rose 33% to £162 million (€194.1 million).
- Stone Island revenue in EMEA increased 23% to £115 million (€138 million).
- EBIT of £150 million (€180.2 million), with a margin on revenues of 19.6%.
- Gross margin of £567 million (€677.7 million).
Moncler brand revenue for DTC was up 31% to £464 million (€555 million), compared to £349 million (€418 million) in H1 2021. The brand's wholesale revenue increased by 13% to £140 million (€168 million), driven by "strong appreciation" of its SS22 collections.
Stone Island brand revenue for DTC was up 112% to £51 million (€61 million). The brand's wholesale revenue increased by 13% to £110 million (€132 million), compared to £96 million (€115 million) in H1 2021.
Despite continuing geopolitical, economic and health uncertainty, Moncler Group said it believes it has a portfolio of unique brands and clear and effective development strategies to continue to grow in 2022.
Remo Ruffini, Chairman and CEO of Moncler Group, said: "Even though the first half of the year was marked by strong macroeconomic and geopolitical instability, we have exceeded our expectations.
While the overall context remains uncertain and volatile, we head into our most important part of the year with confidence, underpinned by our strategy and the operational flexibility that has always made us stand out, together with a financial solidity and a clear vision oriented towards the continuous strengthening of the brands."