The Worshipful Company of Cordwainers has confirmed the winners of its 2021 Cordwainers Footwear Awards, with the winners announced via a livestreamed event.
Digital portfolios were submitted by students from the three footwear universities – De Montfort University, The University of Northampton and London College of Fashion at University of the Arts.
The judging panel was made up of footwear industry leaders, including Michael Atmore, Charlotte Olympia Dellal, Beatrix Ong MBE, Joachim Sedelmeier and Katie Greenyer.
The winners are as follows:
- 1st Prize – Jihee Ahn, De Montfort University
- 2nd Prize: Kamile Peleckyte, London College of Fashion, University of the Arts
- 3rd Prize: Reuben Crabbe, London College of Fashion, University of the Arts
- Sustainability Award: Louise Pietrzyk, London College of Fashion, University of the Arts
- Commendation : Maartje den Boer, De Montfort University
Each winner receives a share of the £12,000 prize fund, with a £5,000 prize awarded to the winner.
Chair of the judging panel Katie Greenyer explained: “We had the enviable task of escaping our day jobs and entering into the minds of these passionate, extremely talented footwear designers. It’s a real credit to University of the Arts, De Montfort, Northampton, and the staff, who I know all work incredibly hard to drive, nurture and direct the students in incredibly challenging times, to become the best crop of footwear designers globally.”