Primark unveils images showcasing health and safety measures in stores
As Primark works to reopen all its 153 stores in England on 15 June, the fast-fashion retailer has revealed images of how its' stores will operate and look.
The new images released today of the retailers Westfield London store showcase the extensive health and safety measures in place across all Primark stores.
The retailer said it is awaiting further guidance regarding stores in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales but anticipates openings in “late June”.
Primark shut all of its stores in March in the face of Coronavirus, which it said resulted in a loss of around £650 million for every month that all stores were closed.
It said that it cut more than 50% off overheads at Primark in a bid to stabilise its finances during the pandemic.
The strict protocols implemented across all stores will include:
- Following guidelines and limiting the number of customers allowed in store at any one time to allow for the appropriate distance.
- Clear signage and floor decals.
- Hiring additional security staff to help customers follow social distancing measures.
- Redesigned layout of stores to allow for more space between people by reconfiguring the queuing system at till points.
- Temporarily closed off fitting rooms and customer toilets.
- Entry and exit points clearly marked.
- Frequent tannoy announcements made in store reminding customers to adhere to social distancing measures.
Primark CEO, Paul Marchant, said: “We have really missed our customers and we are delighted to be back on 15 June and able to provide them with the quality, affordable products they love from Primark.
“While it might take a little longer to get into store, once inside, customers will find all their favourite Primark products and plenty of choice as usual. We have worked hard to make sure that clear signage and extra help will be there to guide them through the changes we have made to allow for social distancing.
“We are also asking customers to respect the measures we have put in place to help ensure shopping at Primark is an enjoyable, safe experience for everyone. Our products will be sold at our normal, great value prices which means there will be no sales or special offers when we re-open our doors."