Pantone, the global colour authority, has released its predictions for the standout colours and classic neutrals we can expect to see dominating the AW20 catwalks at London Fashion Week, which gets underway tomorrow.
The Pantone Color Institutes experts say the selection reflects our “desire for a substantial palette of meaningful colour”. The colours demonstrate a “classic British sensibility” offering longevity and durability and are also designed to uplift and provide a sense of optimism.
“Autumn/Winter 2020/2021 is a story of mindfulness as we see a stripping back of colour to the essentials,” said Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute. “Prevailing in singular colour statements, our color story for Autumn/Winter 2020/2021 conveys a message of strength and purposefulness with a sense of optimism.”
The standout colours are:
- 17-1562 Mandarin Red: An amplified and provocative orange infused red tone, Mandarin Red is a dynamic force.
- 19-1662 Samba: A voluptuous sultry red, Samba introduces an upbeat energy.
- 19-4057 True Blue: A definitive and reliable blue hue, True Blue is constant and ever faithful.
- 17-1349 Exuberance: A good natured and expansive orange shade, Exuberance conveys a message of spontaneity and happiness.
- 19-0622 Military Olive: Military Olive is a strong and stalwart green tone imbued with a rich narrative.
- 14-0647 Celery: Botanical in feeling, Celery is a vital yellow green that reflects the natural freshness of nature.
- 18-5338 Ultramarine Green: Ultramarine Green, a deep cooling blue-green, exudes self-assurance and poise.
- 18-4051 Strong Blue: The red undertone we see in Strong Blue injects vibrancy into this confident blue shade.
- 19-1540 Burnt Henna: A robust red shade, Burnt Henna combines heartiness with sophisticated earthiness.
- 17-1225 Tawny Birch: A rugged and woodsy tan shade evocative of rustic nature.
Classic shades are:
- 11-0605 Jet Stream: Jet Stream is an off-white suggestive of our affinity for raw and recycled.
- 14-1122 Sheepskin:A rich camel tone emblematic of naturally coloured fleece.
- 19-4024 Dress Blues:Dress Blues conveys a message of integrity and credibility.
- 16-3916 Sleet: Highlighting our desire for longevity, Sleet is a timeless gray that is dependable, solid and everlasting.
London Fashion Week runs from 14 February to 18 February with its main based at The Store X, 180 Strand.