Follow us


Next begins work on Gap concession at Oxford Street store

Tom Shearsmith
14 February 2022

British clothing retailer Next has begun work to implement Gap concessions in its UK retail stores, starting with its Oxford Street flagship.

Under the agreement announced in September 2021, the two companies have formed a joint venture to operate Gap’s e-commerce business across the Next Total Platform, an online site for fashion brands which allows them to piggyback off Next’s own e-commerce expertise.

Next will also host Gap-branded shop-in-shop concessions at select retail locations and offer click-and-collect for online customers.

Work has now commenced at the Oxford Street flagship, which also features Sockshop, O2, Lipsy and Paperchase, with new signage informing shoppers of the upcoming location.

Gap Next

Next own a 51% majority of the joint venture, whilst Gap will own the remaining 49%.

In a statement last year, Lord Wolfson, CEO of Next, commented: “Next is delighted at the prospect of its Total Platform supporting Gap on the next stage of development of their world-renowned brand in the UK and Ireland.”

Mark Breitbard, CEO and President of Gap Global, added: “Gap is partnering with Next, one of the UK’s leading online clothing retailers, to amplify our omnichannel business and meet our customers in UK & Ireland where they are shopping now.” recently published a timeline of Next, as the company celebrates 40 years in business.

Free NewsletterVISIT