Follow us

Menu
PARTNER WITH USFREE NEWSLETTER

Frugi partners with thelitteloop on rental scheme for childrenswear

Lauretta Roberts
21 September 2021

Frugi, the British ethical childrenswear brand, has partnered with the shared wardrobe for kids, thelittleloop, to offer a rental service for kids clothing.

Parents can sign up for a subscription service to rent a bundle of clothes with the ability to swap out style later. Some 122 Frugi styles, known for their vibrant colours and reversible appliqués, will be available via the service.

Based in Cornwall and backed by specialist retail investor True, Frugi already builds sustainability and longevity into its clothes with details such as extendable cuffs, waistbands and straps so the clothes can grow with the children.

It also uses 100% GOTS certified organic cotton for 85% of its clothing. The remaining 15% are made from old polyethylene (PET) plastic bottles that have been spun into yarn to make a durable, water-proof fabric for outerwear, accessories, and swimwear.

Joining the rental revolution which is sweeping through fashion at the moment takes the Frugi brand another step forward on its sustainability journey.

“We’re thrilled to collaborate with thelittleloop, who share in our ethical and environmental values to help reduce both our customers’ and our own impact on the environment,” said Frugi CEO Sarah Clark. “Using organic cotton, which is more durable, means our clothes are made to last, and thelittleloop is helping us to further extend the lifespan of these clothes, that have been and will continue to be loved for more generations,”

“We don't just want to make it easy for parents to dress their kids in style without the guilt of fast fashion,” said thelittleloop founder Charlotte Morley. “We also want to support brands like Frugi who are going above and beyond to make clothes in the best possible way. Their clothes are such incredible quality that they work perfectly for rental.

"Plus, we hope we can help even more people than before access these ethically produced garments for their children instead of resorting to the high street. Working with Frugi has been a dream come true and I’ve been blown away by how open they’ve been to adopt such a revolutionary new way of doing things.”

While adult fashion, and in particular womenswear, has become the focus of resale and rental services to date, kidswear offers a growing opportunity. Recently upscale department store Harvey Nichols partnered with Kids O'Clock to offer a childrenswear resale drop-off destination within the department store.

Free Newsletter
cross