Emporio Armani enters wearables space with hybrid smartwatch
Emporio Armani has entered the wearable technology space with the launch of its new Connected range of hybrid smartwatches.
The collection brings together design of Emporio Armani watches with "the advantages of wearable technology". With the ability to sync to your smartphone via Bluetooth, the hybrid smartwatches offer the following features:
- Automatic time-zone change
- Second time zone
- Discreet notifications: can be set to "subtly" notify user of calls, messages, or other notifications
- Activity tracking
- No charging: the quartz batteries allow for prolonged use without the need to recharge
- Music control: easy access to your phone's music playlist to start, stop, skip, or go back
- Sleep tracking
- Camera: wirelessly take photos on your smartphone
- Find your lost device
Giorgio Armani said technology "decisively influences our daily lives". "There's an app for everything, and I find that in many cases they're inventions that actually improve our lives. I'm delighted to present a hybrid smartwatch, which marks the entrance of Emporio Armani — a brand always at the forefront of innovation — into the world of connected accessories. This line of timepieces combines stylistic research, high technological content, immediacy and ease of use," he said.
Today's launch is the first step in a wider project that will culminate in 2017 with the Emporio Armani display smartwatch. The hybrid is available at www.emporioarmaniconnected.com in a choice of rose gold-tone, black, gunmetal, and stainless steel, with a three-piece link or leather strap. Prices range from £199-£359.